Format for Pro Division Racing
The 2017 Mid America Pro Divisions will be held on a state of the art 6 lane 42′ Best Track that has been upgraded and dialed in so that consistent and performance results happen - providing the best you can race on.
Each car will get 6 runs, one run in each lane - the average of the best 5 runs will be used to compute composite time in determining who will advance to finals. After the preliminary 6 runs either 6 or 12 builders (depending on size of class) will move to a championship round to determine a winner. The number of cars taken will depend on how if the class size is larger than 36 cars if it is less than 6 will advance if it is larger than 12 will advance. Only one car per builder will advance.
The finals will consist of 6 more runs. The fastest average of those 5 runs (dropping the worst time) will determine the winner. Each builder can only claim one spot in the final standings.
1st through 6th place will be awarded in Each Class - 1 trophy per class per builder
Best of Show Trophy - voted on by VIP Mid America Derby Panel of Judges
Awards will be announced throughout the Day in the Awards Auditorium
**There will likely be some special Awards above and beyond - stay tuned**
Schedule of the Event
Thursday - April 27th, 2017
- Pro Only Check-in begins at 6pm - 10pm .
- Open 4 Lane Best Track (No Tuning on 6 lane track) for tuning - beginning at Noon
Friday - April 28th, 2017
- 9am -Pro Racing will begin and run in this order...
- Fat Wheel Unlimited
- Street Pro
- Street Stock
- Street Slammer
- Lunch will be provided as part of the event - Pizza
- Refreshments of Soda and Water will be provided at the event
- Racing will continue on Friday until we are completed
- Corporate Event and Dinner will begin at 5:30pm - Dinner will be included along with refreshments - all Pro's are invited to Corporate Event even if racing has concluded.
Mid-America -Cub Scout, Kid and Adult Racing
Check in begins at 8am
Opening Ceremonies will take place at 10am
Racing will begin after opening ceremonies on 2 Tracks
Concessions and refreshments will be able to be purchased at event
Join us for this year's Mid America Pinewood Derby - LOTS of Fun things going on... it will be an Epic Pinewood Derby Day !!!
* Pre-race Registration Highly Encouraged !!! - Register Here - Link
* Cost is $10 if Pre-Registered
* Cost is $15 if Race Day Registered
Shipping Address for Proxy Car Entries:
Mid America Pinewood Derby
Attn: Greg Dawes
4924 North 103rd Street
Omaha, NE 68134
Cars must be received at the above address on or before Wednesday April 26th, 2017 Any cars received after this date will not be received in time to race. Plan accordingly…